Helga and Wolfgang Gaul Stiftung Award
1. Description of the award
This award is given biannually to a young researcher with high potential working in the area of Classification, Clustering and related topics. All candidates must be aged less than 30 years on 1 July 2022 and must present a paper at the IFCS Conference.
2. Applicability and disbursement of the award
The winner must have demonstrated scholarly achievements in the field of classification and data analysis; if and only if this is not the case for any candidate, no award will be given.
Disbursement of the award: It is compulsory that a candidate who has been selected for an award attends the IFCS conference and presents a paper in a scientific session. Under this condition, the IFCS Treasurer (or a designated representative by the President of IFCS) shall pay the award and give a certificate to the winners during the ceremony for awards of the IFCS Conference.
The young researcher has to be nominated by a nominator who has to provide:
• an application form with his/her name and contact details; the candidate’s name and contact details;
• a CV of the candidate with information according to the provided template, including the list of the publications; the list may include preprints and conference presentations of which the nominator believes that they should be taken into account (CV template).
• two referees who will provide, in the due time (under the responsibility of the nominator), letters of support of a maximum of 1500 characters (spaces are not included) in length. Please note that if documents exceed the stated length, the extra content will not be passed to the Awards Committee. One of the two letters of support should be from a former or present supervisor, collaborator, or mentor. The other letter must be from a senior researcher in the field who neither is nor was supervisor, collaborator, or mentor of the person to be awarded, and is not from the same university. One letter can be written by the nominator.
Demonstration of ability for high quality original research, originality of research, through quality of publications including, if requested by the nominator, preprints and conference presentations, innovation, collaborations and teamwork, other indicators of esteem reported by the nominator.
• the candidate's name and date of birth;
• contact details of the candidate (address, phone, e-mail);
• the candidate's memberships in IFCS Member Societies;
• the candidate's experience, expertise or education in classification, data analysis and related areas and contributions to these domains including any publications (with full references);
• the title of the paper submitted by the candidate at the conference.
Deadline for nomination is
February 14, 2022 February 28, 2022.
The Award Committe does not guarantee that nominations received thereafter would be considered.
Nominations must be submitted to IFCS Secretary Andrzej Dudek (Andrzej.Dudek@ue.wroc.pl)
Maurizio Vichi (chair), Abby Flynt, Tadashi Imaizumi, Józef Pociecha, Christian Hennig, Andrzej Dudek (IFCS secretary).